Turkey and Egg Breakfast Casserole
This turkey and egg bake is a fast and filling, high protein breakfast option.
It can sometimes be difficult to find the time or energy to the prepare breakfast each morning, but this recipe can be prepared in advance and eaten all week long.
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 sweet potato, sliced thin
- ⅓ cup baby spinach
- ⅓ tsp chili powder
- ⅓ tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice sweet potato ¼ inch or less in thickness and line the bottom of a greased 8x8 inch baking dish in a single layer.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with seasoning, until brown, about 3-5 minutes; drain. Scoop on top of the sweet potato layer.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a whisk and pour over the ground turkey layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place baking dish in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove and top with spinach. Return to oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the center of the casserole is firm.