No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream Recipe
I scream, you scream, we all scream for … this incredibly decadent (but also low-carb and sugar-free) ice cream! Brought to you by Ben McLauchlin of Swerve, this tasty treat makes the summer heat a bit more bearable.
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- ½ cup almond milk or milk
- 5 tablespoon of sour cream
- ⅓ plus ¼ cup Swerve Sweetener's Confectioners
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup whipping cream, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract and almond milk. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat. Whisk in ⅓ cup Swerve Sweetener's Confectioners. Sprinkle with ½ tsp of xanthan gum and whisk in. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. (This allows the liquid to get infused with the lime zest.)
- In a large bowl, whip remaining cream with ¼ cup Swerve Sweetener's Confectioners and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold cooled mixture into whipped cream until well combined and no streaks remain. Transfer to a large container, cover and freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- Before serving, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes until it is scoopable.