Chocolate Protein Muffins (Recipe)
Chocolate. Muffins. Need I say more? Maybe, chocolate protein muffins? Delicious flavor from chocolate. Muffin-like treats, but filling, satisfying, and protein-rich?
This is one of my all time favorite recommendations for clients that need an easy and make-ahead recipe that satisfies their sweet tooth! See the original recipe + more delicious finds here.
Per muffin: 70 calories, 1 gram fat, 200 milligrams sodium, 7 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar, 8 grams protein
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup stevia
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee or espresso
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a blender, grind the oats to a flour-like consistency. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the ground oats, stevia, protein powder, instant coffee, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the extract, egg whites, and Greek yogurt. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until 'toothpick test' comes out clean.