Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins Recipe
Muffins are one of those foods that are super easy to make and can be enjoyed anytime throughout the day, but most are loaded with sugar and carbs. This Chocolate Chip Protein Muffin recipe is low in fat, high in protein and contains zero grams of added sugar. What’s not to like about that? Power up with this deliciously indulgent breakfast or on-the-go snack.
- 1 cup fine ground almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup Granular Swerve
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons plain Greek yogurt, 2% low fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ to ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips or sugar-free chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8 wells of a standard muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, Swerve, eggs, almond milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and continue to mix until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then fill the muffin cups until they are almost full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer them to a rack to cool. Enjoy warm.