White Bean Hummus Recipe
This creamy dip created by Chef-RD Sara Luberto, registered dietitian in Michigan – and former dietetic intern with our Ochsner Eat Fit team – makes it easier than ever to eat our veggies.
Serve it up with any and all raw vegetables that you have on hand. Our favorites are sliced red and yellow pepper slices, cauliflower florets, baby carrots, celery and cherry tomatoes.
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain white beans and rinse thoroughly.
- In a food processor, combine beans, chipotle peppers, garlic, lemon juice, all spices and salt. Blend ingredients and slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Remove from food processor and either serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.