How to Make Delicious Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos
Need a new idea for Taco Tuesday? These shredded salsa chicken tacos require only a few ingredients and can be made in your slow cooker while you go about your day.
- 3 cups salsa (spice level to your liking)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Low-fat sour cream (use Greek yogurt as a replacement for sour cream)
- 4 wheat tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- Place chicken inside the slow cooker and cover with 2 cups of salsa. Toss to combine and cover with lid.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours until the chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and toss with the remaining salsa and juices until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Place spoonful of chicken into warm tortilla and add a teaspoon of sour cream on top. Add shredded cheese and shredded lettuce.