Red Pepper and Zucchini Frittata
Made with high protein eggs and vitamin rich vegetables, this red pepper and zucchini frittata is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Frittatas are a great way to use up extra veggies that may be wilting in your fridge, so feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables you have on hand for this dish.
You can even freeze leftover frittata by cutting it into individual servings and wrapping with plastic wrap or storing in a zip-lock bag. Then, when ready to serve, simply microwave for 30-60 seconds and enjoy. Your frittata should keep in the freezer for up to three months.
- 9 slices bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ½ cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a muffin pan with oil.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, bacon bits or ham pieces, cheese, salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture into muffin tin and top with chives.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.