This recipe by Camellia Brand merges two ever-popular nonperishable staples that almost all of us have on hand: beans and canned tuna. Canned or pouched salmon can also be used, providing the additional benefit of more omega-3s. And if sodium is a concern, look for no-salt-added varieties of tuna or salmon. Don’t love fish? Just use chicken instead.
Mediterranean Tuna White Bean Salad Recipe
- 14 ounces canned or pouched tuna (or salmon); preferably with no salt added
- 3 ½ cups white beans (such as Camellia Brand Great Northern Beans), cooked and cooled (or two cans of white beans, rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain the canned tuna and add to a large bowl.
- Add the beans and stir to combine.
- Add chopped red onion and halved grape tomatoes to bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and fresh herbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss gently.
- Serve with additional chopped fresh herbs.