If you’re a fan of old-school York Peppermint Patties, you’ll flip for these low-carb, gluten-free treats. They are the perfect addition to cookie trays and make an excellent gift for teachers and friends.
Low-Carb Peppermint Patties Recipe
- For the Chocolate Coating
- 9 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Swerve, Confectioners
- For the Peppermint Filling
- 3 tablespoons cacao butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Swerve, Confectioners
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Place eight muffin liners in muffin tin. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and Swerve. Place a tablespoon of chocolate mixture in each muffin liner. Freeze for 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, whisk together melted cocoa butter, room temperature cream cheese (if you need to, microwave the cream cheese in 7-second increments until it is softened), Swerve and peppermint extract.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and add tablespoon of peppermint filling to the frozen chocolate coating. Freeze for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add a tablespoon of remaining chocolate in each cup, covering the peppermint mixture. Freeze for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
- Store in fridge in an airtight storage container.