Inflammation-Busting Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
This curry chicken salad recipe includes turmeric-rich curry powder, garlic, onion and cherries – ingredients that are rich in antioxidants and good for anti-inflammation.
This recipe was adapted from www.allrecipes.com and submitted by Karen Baker.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 small apple – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- In a large salad bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, raisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and mayonnaise.
- Mix all together, tossing to coat.
- Serve on whole-grain, fiber-rich bread or over greens and enjoy.