How to Make Healthy Crawfish-Stuffed Mushrooms
These seafood stuffed mushrooms can be made using shrimp or crawfish and can be made in about 30 minutes. They are low in carbs, but big on flavor!
- 1 1/2 pounds large mushrooms
- 8 ounces of cooked shrimp or crawfish, chopped or diced
- 1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to sauté pan. Cook the mushroom stems for 5 to 10 minutes until tender and browned. Add cooked shrimp or crawfish. Cook for 2 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- Place cooked mushroom stems and cooked seafood in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cheese, blend thoroughly.
- Fill mushroom caps with the mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- If desired, top the stuffed mushrooms with more mozzarella cheese and return to the oven just until the cheese has melted.