How to Make a Low-Carb, High-Protein Eggnog that Tastes Great, Too
This DIY eggnog recipe is rich and creamy and could not be easier – simply blend and pour. It’s also incredibly customizable. Opt for your preferred milk of choice, zero-proof bourbon (or none at all), or collagen or vanilla protein powder of choice. Make it your own to savor and share throughout the holiday season!
- 1 cup milk of choice (e.g. Ripple Pea Protein Milk, or vanilla almond milk, unsweetened)
- ½ cup zero proof cup bourbon – optional
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 heaping tablespoons Swerve granular
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (plus more for optional garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (up to 1 teaspoon for stronger flavor)
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor or smoothie blender, combine all ingredients and blend. Serve chilled.