This low-fat, heart-smart chicken salad is super easy to make and is a must for stay-at-home picnics, lunches and quick dinners. With calcium- and protein-rich cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, it’s also low in sodium but big on taste.
Avocado Cilantro Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese-preferably low sodium
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt alternative (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (about 20 oz) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mash avocado in bowl to a chunky consistency. Set aside.
- Add cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic to food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add mixture to avocado.
- Stir in chicken, green onions and cilantro. Taste and season as needed. Keep refrigerated and tightly covered.