Sometimes the tastiest approach is the healthiest one, as in this mix of chicken, grapes, pecans and celery. Calcium- and protein-rich Greek yogurt takes the place of mayo for added nutritional value.
Healthy Sonoma Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1- 1/2 cups plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons Swerve Sweetener (optional)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine Greek yogurt, vinegar, Swerve Sweetener, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Refrigerate dressing until ready to make the salad. This can be prepared up to two days ahead.
- Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is cold, dice into bite-size chunks and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, grapes, celery and dressing.