Ben McLauchlin of Swerve has whipped up a healthful Pumpkin Butter that’s low in carbs, has zero added sugar and is keto-friendly. It’s perfect for stirring into yogurt or oatmeal, spreading onto low-carb scones, whole grain toast or waffles, or even as a topping for grilled pork, fish or chicken. All the flavors of fall, and oh-so-versatile!
Healthy Pumpkin Butter Recipe
- 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Brown Swerve
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or refined coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Place in crockpot on low heat. Be careful not to get any on the crockpot sides as you place it into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for three hours, stirring every hour to prevent butter from burning on the sides of the crockpot.
- Serve warm or store in fridge for up to seven days.