This wonderful comfort dish, Harvest Chicken Casserole, will satisfy all your fall needs.
Harvest Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with oil. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts and season with thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add broth, bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, chicken and cranberries. Transfer mixture to baking dish, top with almonds, and bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
1 serving contains:
37 grams protein
72 grams carbohydrates