Black Bean, Corn and Charred Tomato Bowl
A light, healthy and filling meal to satisfy your Taco Tuesday cravings. This recipe can be customized to your liking and comes together in just 15 minutes.
- ½ cup black beans, low sodium or no salt added
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels cut off cob
- ½ avocado
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Warm the black beans in a small pot on the stovetop and season with cumin.
- Place the warmed black beans in a pile in the corner of a shallow bowl.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high. Add the oil to the pan, swirl to coat. Add the tomatoes; cook until charred but not collapsing, about 3 minutes, shaking the pan once to turn the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes next to the beans in the bowl.
- Add the corn to the pan; cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the corn next to the tomatoes in the bowl.
- Add the avocado slices, radish slices and cilantro to the bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Serve with a lime wedge and enjoy! Can also be served taco style in a corn tortilla or over a bed of greens or brown rice.
Per Serving: 340 calories, 16 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 44 grams carbohydrate, 15 grams fiber, 5 grams sugar (0 added sugar), 11 grams protein.