Pressure cooking has many advantages beyond saving time and energy. It’s also much easier and quicker to make a healthy, home-cooked meal using this versatile 7-in-1 kitchen appliance which pressure cooks your meal in as little as 20 minutes.
Check out these healthy dishes you can make fast:
- Steel cut oats, which can sometimes take upwards of 30 minutes to cook normally, can be made in less than 5 minutes.
- Some seemingly healthy snack items like Greek yogurt, applesauce and hummus can sometimes include added sugars and preservatives. By making them at home, you’ll have complete control over the recipe and it won’t take as long to make these items by traditional cooking standards.
- Perfect hard boiled eggs which are a great source of protein for snacks or to include on salads and other recipes.
- Instead of spending time roasting vegetables in the oven or defrosting them in your microwave, the Instant Pot’s many cooking settings allows you to cook fresh vegetables like steamed sweet potatoes or braised greens in a variety of ways.
- Typically large cuts of meat are time-consuming and can take up to several hours of cook time during meal prep on the weekends. The Instant Pot shaves hours off lean cuts of meat, and you’ll be able to experiment with different proteins, spices and seasonings without sacrificing time.
- Are you a bone broth fan? Rather than spending hours sweating over a hot stove, it’s easy to set the Instant Pot to whip this up batches in no time as well as soups, stews and chili.
- If rice or quinoa are the base of your meal, prepare a large batch in the Instant Pot and continue cooking your other items.
- If you’re interested in something sweet, you can still make cakes, pies and cheesecakes in the Instant Pot too. Since you’re making it at home, you’re able to choose recipes that are lower in sugar and fat, so you can have your cake and eat it too.