Healthier Frozen Chicken Tender Options
Typically, frozen chicken tenders are loaded with sodium and far more carbs than protein. Others are filled with ingredients that we can’t pronounce (disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, sodium alginate, anyone?). Frozen chicken tenders are convenient crowd pleasers for kids and adults alike. And fortunately, more better-for-you options are hitting store shelves. We love these brands because they have a simpler, more wholesome and streamlined ingredient list. And a plant-based alternative that might win you over!
CauliPower New Chick on the Block Chicken Tenders | Gluten-free
- [Per 3oz]: 110 calories – 380 milligrams sodium – 11 grams carbs – 1 gram fiber – 14 grams protein
- Ingredients include chicken breast, rice flour, dried cauliflower, brown rice flour, corn flour, sea salt
- [Per 3oz]: 170 calories – 470 milligrams sodium – 15 grams carbs – 0 fiber – 12 grams protein
- Ingredients include boneless skinless chicken breast with rib meat, wheat flour, rice flour
- Note: Gluten-free option available in select stores
- [About 3oz]: 210 calories – 450 milligrams sodium – 15 grams carbs – 3 grams fiber – 11 grams protein
- Ingredients include faba bean protein, breading containing wheat flour and rice flour, spices
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 985-898-7050.
Editor’s note: Registered Dietitian Molly Kimball offers brand-name products as a consumer guide; she does not solicit product samples nor is she paid to recommend items. A version of this article originally appeared on WGNO’s “FUELED Wellness + Nutrition.”