Top 6 Costco Food Finds
Shopping at Costco can be overwhelming – so many options! But if you’re looking for budget-friendly finds that are fast, easy and still good for you, you’ll want to check out these 6 items that make it easier than ever to squeeze nutritional goodness like protein and superfoods into meals and snacks on-the-go.
Swerve Sugar Replacer – $19.99 for 3 lb. bag
- 0 calories, 0 net carbs, nonglycemic. Measures, bakes and sweetens just like sugar.
- Ingredients: erythritol, oligosaccharides, natural flavors.
Beef Bone Broth Stick Packs by Lonolife – Gluten free, non-GMO | $14.99 per 15-stick packs
- 50 calories, 550 mg sodium, 0 carbs and 10 grams protein per pack. High in protein and can be used in place of beef or chicken stock. I like this because you can slow simmer for 18 or 24 hours and make your own, or they’ve done it for you!
- Ingredients: beef collagen, chicory root, beef, salt, yeast extract, natural flavors, spices
Egg White ‘Crepe’ Thins by Crepini – Gluten free, low carb | $5.99 per 18-pack
- 35 calories, 0.5 grams fat, 130 mg sodium, 3 grams carbs, 3 grams protein.
- Ingredients include: Egg whites, GF flour blend, nonGMO canola oil, sea salt, black pepper.
Egg Bites by Three Bridges – Gluten free, low carb | $9.99 per 8-pack
- Per two-bite pack: 310 calories, 12 grams sat fat, 480 mg sodium, 2 grams carbs, 20 grams protein
- Ingredients include: eggs, cottage cheese, cheese, uncured bacon, butter, garlic, spices.
Frozen Avocado Chunks – $9.99 per 3# bag
- Per ¼ cup: 50 calories, 4.5 grams fat, 3 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 1 gram protein. These frozen avocado chunks are easy to add to smoothies, and you don’t have to worry about the avocado going bad.
- Ingredients: avocado, ascorbic acid, citric acid (for color retention)
Chobani Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt | $4.79 per quart
- Per half-cup: 115 calories, 5.5 grams fat, 4.5 grams carbs, 2.5 grams sugar, 11 grams protein. This is rich, creamy and delicious, and a great substitute for sour cream.
- Ingredients: cultured pasteurized nonfat milk and cream with live active cultures
Editor's note: Registered dietitian Molly Kimball offers brand-name products as a consumer guide; she does not solicit product samples nor is she paid to recommend items. This originally appeared on WGNO’s “Get the Skinny” segment.
Molly Kimball is a registered dietitian in New Orleans. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.