Take a break from the same-old, same-old lunchtime salad by swapping out lettuce for these three hearty combos for veggie alternatives.
- Vegetables such as beets, carrots and zucchini add a pop of color and a punch of nutrients to your lunchtime salad
- Added bonus: spiralized veggies stay crunchy, even with dressing added ahead of time
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 504-733-1600.
Hearts of Palm Noodles
- By Palmini or 365 Whole Foods
- Available in can and pouch packaging
- Just 30 calories and 6 grams net carbs per cup
- A healthful boost of 250 milligrams of potassium
Artichoke Hearts and Fresh Tomatoes
- Marinated artichoke hearts topped with fresh tomatoes
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants beta carotene and lycopene
- A cup of artichoke hearts packs in nearly 8 grams fiber, 25% of vitamin K and 50% of folate needs for the day
For an added burst of flavor, consider our top picks for healthful salad dressings.
Looking for other salad inspiration? Try these recipes:
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Salmon Mango Salad
- Marinated Beet Italian Salad
- Avocado Cilantro Chicken Salad
Editor’s note: Registered dietitian Molly Kimball offers brand-name products as a consumer guide; she does not solicit product samples nor is she paid to recommend items. A version of this article originally appeared on WGNO’s “FUELED with Molly” segment.