Tuna Carpaccio recipe from Andrea's Restaurant
Serve this tuna dish from Andrea's Restaurant on individual appetizer plates or arrange over a large platter for sharing.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon carrot, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces fresh tuna, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour over fresh tuna. Cover and marinate in fridge for one hour.
- Combine white wine with dry mustard. Add balsamic vinegar and Dijon. Gradually whisk in olive oil. When emulsified, finish sauce with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, dill and Tabasco.
- Remove tuna from marinade and serve over fresh greens, drizzled with sauce.