Spaghetti Squash & Turkey Meat Sauce Recipe
Spaghetti squash imitates noodles in this healthy dish featuring ground turkey and Sal & Judy's Heart Smart Sauce.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound 93/7 lean ground turkey breast
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Sal & Judy's Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 25-ounce jar Sal & Judy's Heart Smart Sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and roast the spaghetti squash for about 25 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow the squash to cool.
- In a large skillet, add the ground turkey, onion, garlic and seasonings. Sauté the meat until it is fully browned and cooked. Add the Heart Smart Sauce and allow the mixture to warm through by coming to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, shred the spaghetti squash with a fork and then top it with the meat sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and ground oregano.
Per serving: 392 calories, 10 grams fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 482 milligrams sodium, 22 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar, 29 grams protein