Spaghetti Squash & Turkey Meat Sauce (Recipe)
Enjoy one of your favorite fall vegetables in a new way.
Fat10 grams fat
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb 93/7 ground turkey breast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sal & Judy's Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 25-ounce jar Sal & Judy's Heart Smart Sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and roast the spaghetti squash for about 25 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large skillet, add the ground turkey, onion, garlic, and seasonings. Saute the meat until it is fully browned and cooked. Add the Heart Smart Sauce and allow to warm through by coming to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, shred the spaghetti squash with a fork and then top it with the meat sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and ground oregano.
Per serving: 392 calories, 10 grams fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 482 milligrams sodium, 22 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar, 29 grams protein