Adapted from the ”Eat Fit Cookbook,’’ these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect solution for satisfying pumpkin spice cravings when on a gluten- or grain-free diet. Soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside, these guilt-free cookies are the perfect treat for an autumn afternoon.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ cup Brown Swerve
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips or sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, gelatin, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice in a bowl and set aside.
- Place room-softened butter in bowl of stand mixer and add Brown Swerve and vanilla. Beat until creamy on medium speed for about five minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add egg and beat in until completely combined. Add pumpkin puree and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. With a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon out a heaping tablespoon or a small cookie scoop of dough onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and cook for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven and slam on counter so that cookies will flatten out.
- Let cool completely on cookie sheet.