This chocolate cake-filled pumpkin could not be cuter – and it’s as nutritious as it is deliciously adorable, thanks to its streamlined ingredients like almond flour, cocoa powder and Swerve zero-calorie plant-based sweetener in this boxed Chocolate Cake Mix by Swerve Sweets. No tricks here; this fall treat is naturally low carb, gluten free and grain free.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Cake in a Pumpkin Recipe
- 1 5-pound sugar or pumpkin pie pumpkin. Try to find one that is shaped like a bowl rather than a vase.
- 1 box Swerve Sweets Chocolate Cake Mix
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a knife, cut out a large circle on the top of the pumpkin as you would when you carve a jack-o-lantern. Aim to make the pumpkin look like a large pot.
- With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and innards of the pumpkin until it’s clean. Set aside once innards and seeds are removed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, oil and vanilla until frothy with lots of air bubbles. Add Swerve Sweets cake mix and pumpkin spice to wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour batter carefully into pumpkin. Try not to get the batter on the sides of the pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin in oven on a rimmed baking sheet and lid beside pumpkin on pan and cook for 30 minutes. Remove lid and cook the pumpkin cake for another 15 minutes. Slide toothpick into cake. If a few crumbs are on the toothpick when removed, the cake is ready to come out of the oven. Remove the pumpkin and let it cool.
- Add a chocolate glaze or cream cheese frosting to top of cake. Slice into pumpkin as you would a cake and enjoy the presentation and the fun!