Low-Carb Chocolate Gravy Recipe
This low-carb, Swerve-sweetened Chocolate Gravy by Ben McLauchlin is a simple, elegant and vibrantly flavorful chocolate syrup sauce that tastes great served hot over biscuits and breads.
- 2/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 3½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- In a medium size bowl, mix the Swerve and cocoa powder together until there are no lumps.
- Add the milk to dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In large sauté pan or black iron skillet, melt butter. Add the milk mixture and cook on medium heat, stirring every two minutes for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle xanthan gum on top of chocolate mixture. Whisk into chocolate mixture aggressively. Set aside for 10 minutes and let thicken.
- After 10 minutes, whisk aggressively again and serve. The gravy will thicken the longer it cools before serving.