How To Make Keto-Friendly Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
The keto diet is everywhere these days – which can be a good thing, since it has people keeping a close eye on carbs and sugar. To help fill the void for keto-friendly snacks – and satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth – Ben McLauchlin of Swerve shows us how to whip up rich, decadent peanut butter cups in a flash!
- Chocolate Coating
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or salted butter
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons Swerve, Confectioners
- Peanut Butter Filling
- 6 teaspoons peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or Celtic sea salt
- In a muffin pan, place muffin liners in six cups. Set aside.
- Whisk together melted coconut oil, cocoa powder and Swerve in a medium bowl. Place a tablespoon of chocolate mixture in each muffin liner. Freeze for five minutes.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, whisk together melted cocoa butter, peanut butter, Swerve and salt. Once combined, zap in microwave for 10 seconds. Remove chocolate from freezer and add one teaspoon and a half of peanut butter mixture to the frozen chocolate coating. Freeze for another three minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Add a tablespoon of remaining chocolate in each cup, covering the peanut butter mixture. Freeze for five minutes, then enjoy. If desired, let soften for 15-20 minutes before eating.
- Store in fridge or freezer in an airtight storage container.