Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Bar Recipe
Satisfy your sweet tooth and indulge in the season’s beautiful blueberries with these nutritious and delicious Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. Naturally gluten- and grain-free with zero added sugar, these are the perfect make-ahead treats for weekend getaways, picnics, potlucks or simply an everyday indulgence without the guilt.
- Shortbread Crust
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil (chilled)
- ½ cup Swerve, confectioners
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces Neufchatel or cream cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- ¾ cup Swerve, Confectioners (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Two eggs (room temperature)
- Blueberry Compote
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- For the Shortbread Crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Liberally grease a 9-by-13-inch pan to prevent the shortbread from sticking to the pan. In a medium mixing bowl or food processor, combine almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve and salt.
- Cut cold butter or chilled coconut oil into small pieces or squares. Pulse in a food processor or press into dry mixture with a fork until it looks like corn meal. (It’s OK to have some chunks of butter in your mixture – this is shortbread, after all!)
- Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of cold water to the mixture; it should begin to loosely combine.
- Place in greased pan and press dough evenly into dish. It will come together when you press it into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until edges are brown and parts of the shortbread surface lightly browns. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the Blueberry Compote: In a saucepan, add blueberries, lemon extract, water and Swerve and bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once it starts to boil, bring temperature down to low heat, and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until a blueberry juice-like liquid forms.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of the juice. Place in a separate bowl and mix in xanthan gum until combined.
- Mix xanthan gum mixture into the blueberry mixture on the stove top. Allow to cook for 5 more minutes and thicken. Set aside. Let it cool to room temperature and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool further.
- For the Cream Cheese: Blend Neufchatel and cottage cheese in an electric mixer or with a hand mixer until creamy. Scrape sides of bowl and add Swerve, Confectioners, and vanilla until smooth (about 5 minutes). Add two eggs and mix until combined.
- Assembly: Set oven to 350 degrees. Pour cream cheese filling on shortbread crust until crust is evenly covered.
- Spoon half of the blueberry compote across top of filling, and then swirl with a knife to combine.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until corners are lightly browned and middle of cheesecake is set.
- Allow to cool, placing in refrigerator for four hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
- Note: You can make this the day before and serve the next day.