This creamy spinach dip can double as a protein-rich, gluten-free side dish or appetizer.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Recipe)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 (10 ounce) packs of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir onion over medium heat until transparent (about 5 minutes).
- Add spinach. Cook until thoroughly heated (about 1-2 minutes).
- Reduce heat and add cream cheese. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese and artichokes. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt (optional) and black and red pepper.
- Serve warm with fresh veggies for dipping.