Healthy Gummy Bears Recipe
If you or your little ones love gummy bears but don’t want all the added sugar and artificial food dyes, you’ve got to try these tasty and healthy gummy bear treats by Ben McLauchlin of Swerve.
- 4 bags of Celestial Tea True Blueberry (or fruit tea of your choice)
- ½ cup of water plus 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- 2 tablespoons unflavored powder gelatin
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- Gummy Bear One Inch Mold
- Place tea bags in water and heat until water starts to boil. Set tea aside and let steep for two hours. (This will help create a deep flavor and color.)
- Warm tea and add Swerve Confectioners. Stir until Swerve is completely dissolved. Add lemon extract and combine.
- Let tea cool so that it is warm and not too hot to touch. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of gelatin over tea and whisk quickly until no gelatin remains. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of gelatin over tea and immediately whisk again until no gelatin remains. If gelatin is not fully dissolved, bring saucepan to low heat but not to a simmer.
- Once gelatin is dissolved, turn off heat. Working quickly, use an eyedropper tool to squeeze tea into the individual gummy bear cavities. Place into fridge to set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Once firm, you should be able to easily pop out the gummy bears.
- Store uneaten gummies in the fridge in a sealed container for up to one week. (This will help avoid any excess recrystallization that could occur on the outside of the gummy.)