Healthy Egg Muffin Breakfast Cups
This delicious egg muffin recipe is perfect for anyone needing a quick, healthy option to start their morning! Enjoy a warm breakfast on-the-go or meal-prep and freeze them for later.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 2 cups baby spinach - roughly chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- salt to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard non stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray. Set the muffin pan aside for later.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion. Sauté 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes. In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir the cooked veggies into your egg mixture.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
*Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
*These may also be frozen. To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.
Nutrition for 1 muffin
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.6mg