Stacked Eggs Benedict (Recipe)
Add tomato and avocado to keep your eggs benedict filling, light on calories, and nutrient-rich.
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices whole-grain bread (e.g. Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grain & Seed, thin sliced)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 6 slices, prosciutto (if desired, can also substitute with another meat of choice, preferably nitrate/nitrite free)
- 6 asparagus spears, roasted and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle packed in adobo sauce, drained and diced
- The eggs can be poached or baked: To bake the eggs, preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and then crack each egg into each individual muffin cup. Bake eggs until they are slightly firm when you jiggle the pan, but soft enough to still have a runny yolk; should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Toast the bread and prepare the veggies.
- Prepare the Greek yogurt-chipotle sauce by mixing the two ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Spread a tablespoon onto each slice of toast and top with a slice of prosciutto. Layer asparagus, tomato slices and then avocado, and top with the cooked egg. Serve immediately.