Dairy-Free Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits Recipe
This pumpkin mousse parfait is a delicious dairy-free dessert and is a perfect treat for the fall season. This version just so happens to also be paleo-friendly by using whipped coconut cream.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 15oz cans full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- Add 1/4 cup water to heat-proof bowl, add 2 teaspoons gelatin over water and allow to soften for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- Place the heat-proof bowl of gelatin-water over pot of simmering water, cook until the gelatin is clear.
- Open all 3 cans of coconut milk. Scoop out only the cream portion of the coconut milk and place cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, whip the chilled coconut cream and vanilla extract together until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
- Once the gelatin has cooked until clear, whisk immediately into large bowl of pumpkin mixture. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped coconut cream. Save some for later for parfait layering.
- Place covered bowl of pumpkin mousse mixture in fridge and allow to chill 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- To assemble parfaits: layer crushed gingersnap cookies, pumpkin mousse, and whipped coconut cream, repeat until glass is full. Garnish with gingersnap cookies, and more whipped cream if desired.
Regular granulated sugar may be substituted for coconut sugar.
Parfaits can be assembled, covered, and refrigerated the night before, add garnishes before serving.