Curry Dip with Turmeric and Ginger Recipe
This creamy dip is bursting with flavor, thanks to ingredients that pull double-duty as anti-inflammatory agents including ginger, chili and turmeric. Combined with the cancer-fighting lycopene of the tomatoes and the probiotics of the Greek yogurt, this curry dip is truly a nutritional powerhouse. Enjoy it as a dip or serve it over grilled fish, chicken or roasted eggplant.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 can roasted and diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 ounces reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft.
- Sprinkle in mustard powder, ginger, chili powder, turmeric and corn starch and stir to mix well. Add tomatoes and stir.
- Remove from heat and add Greek yogurt, stirring until evenly mixed.