Chicken with Whole Wheat Pasta Recipe
Looking for a delicious meal that is also Mediterranean friendly? Check out this delicious chicken with whole wheat pasta recipe!
- 1 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 medium bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced- can use shrimp
- 2 1/2 cups water or low sodium chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 2 cups Kalamata olives or med black olives, pitted
- Fresh Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 oz whole wheat spaghetti (may use Gluten Free and adjust cooking time if necessary)
- Handful of basil, chopped
- Preheat large deep skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl with sliced tomatoes.
- Return skillet to the stove on medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until opaque, stirring occasionally. If any juices appear do not drain. Add water or stock, olives, pepper, bay leaves and gently stir. Snap spaghetti in 3 adding to the skillet. Give a gentle stir to mix ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid, stir well softened spaghetti with the rest of ingredients, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Turn off heat and add previously cooked peppers, tomatoes and basil. Stir and serve hot.