Blueberry Banana Nut Bread Recipe
This banana bread has a few ingredients that can add more nutrients to your diet during the quarantine: oats, blueberries and walnuts.
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a mini loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Mash the ripe bananas using a fork and add them to the bowl, along with the vanilla extract, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Using a hand mixer, blend ingredients together until well mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts and blueberries, making sure they are distributed evenly in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the mini loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
The flour used in this recipe is oat flour. Oats are a heart-healthy food that is high in fiber which is excellent for lowering cholesterol. Research also shows that oats may improve blood sugar and insulin sensitivity, so it is ideal for people with Type 2 Diabetes.
Another ingredient you can find in this banana bread is blueberries. Having two to three servings of fruit per day ensures you all getting the nutrients you need to keep your immune system healthy and provide you energy. Blueberries are perfect for this because the research shows they may help reduce high blood pressure and heart disease.
Lastly, this bread contains walnuts. Walnuts are higher in omega-3s than any other nut. Having a high amount of this plant-based fat makes them the ideal choice to protect your heart and gut health. All of these ingredients come together in this banana bread to make it not only delicious but nutritious too!