Black Bean Brownies Recipe
Even if you don't love black beans, you've still got to try these brownies. The black beans take the place of the flour and some of the oil, boosting the fiber and protein content of these gluten-free sweet treats. Our FUEL Café + Market at Ochsner Fitness Center offers these, and they’re always a hit.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained very well
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor, blend black beans until smooth. Add the eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract and Swerve, and process until smooth.
- Add half the chocolate chips and pulse a few times or stir, so the chips are mixed in. Scrape batter into prepared baking pan, and sprinkle the remaining chips on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, and cut into 15 brownies.