For a new twist on the usual hummus or guacamole, try this delicious mash-up of the two! Use it as a sandwich spread or as a dip!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, well drained, rinsed
- 2 medium avocados, ripe, cored and peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice, fresh if possible
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped for topping (optional
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Heat chickpeas in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds-1 minute, just to warm.
- Place warmed chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice and garlic in a food processor and pulse until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add seasonings and avocado then pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro, red pepper or other herbs and seasonings.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Additional Chef Tips:
- Top with different fresh herbs to add flavor.
- Add different seasonings to alter the flavors.
- Add fresh chopped tomatoes and red onion to make more like guacamole.
- Serve with different veggies like carrots, celery, peppers, etc.
- Serve with whole wheat or corn tortilla chips, or whole wheat pita chips.