Air Fryer Chicken: The Easiest, Crispiest Recipe
This Air Fryer Chicken recipe is easy to adjust the seasonings to your taste. Don’t like dill? Swap it out with some oregano or basil. You could even make this using Cajun or Greek seasoning instead of the thyme and dill. Add some paprika if you like! This goes perfectly with mashed cauliflower or potatoes and broccoli or a side of sauteed spinach.
- 3-4 pound whole chicken, giblets removed and legs tied (Note: Ensure your air fryer is large enough to fit a whole chicken.)
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper (or more to taste)
- Olive oil spray
- Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix thyme, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub dry seasoning mix all over chicken.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer liberally with olive oil spray.
- Place the chicken breast side down in the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes is done, remove the basket from the air fryer and turn chicken over so it is breast side up. Cook for another 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.