Why Have Your Next Mammogram in 3D?
3D Breast Tomography has been around a few years but as technology advances, 3D scans are also becoming more accurate. The Genius 3D Mammography exam provides a more precise scan and earlier possible breast cancer detection compared to a 2D scan. 3D mammograms have reduced unnecessary call backs for additional scans for patients by up to 40% and on average have found between 20-65% more invasive tumors and cancers than conventional mammography alone.
A 3D mammogram is very similar to a conventional 2D exam. There is no additional compression of the breast and the scan only takes a few seconds. The Genius exam allows doctors to view the breast tissue layer by layer which helps fine details become more visible. This exam is approved by the FDA as superior for women with dense breasts.
Reasons to Get Screened:
- Earlier, more advanced detection
- Peace of mind with reduced unnecessary call backs
- More accurate than conventional mammograms
- 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- 8 out of 9 women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history
- With early detection, the five-year survival rate is almost 100%