Top 5 Low-Carb Ice Cream Options 2022
If ice cream is an occasional treat here and there, just have what you love, and savor every bit of it. But if it’s a regular thing, it makes sense to find a better-for-you option that you also really enjoy. Here are five brands of low-carb and keto ice cream you’ll find in stores.
A pint of ice cream technically contains four servings. And stats can range from 150 calories to nearly 1400 calories per pint, so it pays to check the label closely.
For more on plant-based sweeteners, check out Molly’s podcast, link here.
- Six net carbs
- Ingredients include skim milk, cream, water, erythritol, egg yolks, non-GMO soluble corn fiber, peanuts, vegetable glycerin, milk protein concentrate, sugar, guar gum, carob gum, monk fruit extract, cellulose gum, salt.
- Per Serving: 130 calories, 6 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 90 milligrams sodium, 21 grams carbohydrate, 9 grams fiber, 5 gram sugar (1 gram added sugar), 8 grams protein.
- 3 net carbs
- Ingredients include cream, water, egg yolks, erythritol, non-GMO chicory root fiber, milk protein concentrate, non-GMO tapioca fiber, sea salt, non-GMO guar gum, stevia extract, monk fruit extract, chicory root fiber, vegetable glycerin, vanilla extract, non-GMO gum acacia.
- Per Serving: 230 calories, 20 grams fat, 12 grams saturated fat, 130 milligrams sodium, 19 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar (0 added sugar), 5 grams protein.
- Seven net carbs
- Ingredients include ultra-filtered skim milk, skim milk, inulin, erythritol, cream, sugar, vegetable glycerin, egg yolks, cellulose gel, cellulose gum, stevia leaf extract.
- Per Serving: 110 calories, 4 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 110 milligrams sodium, 22 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 7 grams sugar (3 grams added sugar), 7 grams protein.
- Seven net carbs
- Ingredients include cream, water, erythritol, egg yolks, chicory root fiber, milk protein isolate, vegetable glycerin, salt, guar gum, lactase enzyme, natural vanilla flavor, monk fruit.
- Per Serving: 200 calories, 17 grams fat, 11 grams saturated fat, 70 milligrams sodium, 14 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 0 sugar (0 added sugar), 2 grams protein
- Eight net carbs
- Ingredients include purified water, organic cane sugar, allulose, sugarcane fiber, vegetable fiber, faba bean protein concentrate, gum blend (acacia, tapa, guar) dutch processed cocoa powder with alkali, natural flavors, sea salt, organic vanilla, monk fruit.
- Per serving: 50 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 saturated fat, 90 milligrams sodium, 11 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams of fiber, 8 grams sugar (8 grams added sugar), 2 grams protein.
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 985-898-7050.
Editor’s note: Registered dietitian Molly Kimball offers brand-name products as a consumer guide; she does not solicit product samples nor is she paid to recommend items. This originally appeared on WGNO’s “Get FUELED with Molly” segment.