The Top 10 Questions Nurses Get Asked
Nurses are a special group of people who are vital to the world. They are typically the first person a patient meets during an office visit and are there throughout a patient’s healthcare journey for all of the ups, downs and in between.
Nurses are always “on the job” - even fielding questions from family and friends who aren’t patients!
In honor of Nurses Week, here is a roundup of the most common questions nurses could receive both on and off the clock:
- Is the doctor good?
- I’m going in for ________. Will it hurt?
- Where can I go for more information about my illness?
- How long is my appointment going to be?
- Why do I need an annual wellness visit when I’m not ill?
- How can I reduce stress in my life?
- How can be an advocate for my own health or a loved one?
- What do you think I have?
- What do you think caused it?
- Who do you think I should talk to?
Thank you to Ochsner nurses Tori Chatman and Amy Walker for their input.
To all the nurses out there, Happy Nurses Week!