Nurses are a special group of people who are vital to the world. They are typically the first person a patient meets during an office visit and are there throughout a patient’s healthcare journey for all of the ups, downs and in between.
Nurses are always “on the job” - even fielding questions from family and friends who aren’t patients!
In honor of Nurses Week, here is a roundup of the most common questions nurses could receive both on and off the clock:
- Is the doctor good?
- I’m going in for ________. Will it hurt?
- Where can I go for more information about my illness?
- How long is my appointment going to be?
- Why do I need an annual wellness visit when I’m not ill?
- How can I reduce stress in my life?
- How can be an advocate for my own health or a loved one?
- What do you think I have?
- What do you think caused it?
- Who do you think I should talk to?
Thank you to Ochsner nurses Tori Chatman and Amy Walker for their input.
To all the nurses out there, Happy Nurses Week!
Feel free to leave comments about your most memorable moment with your nurse.