What Are Spinning Classes?
Whether you are a seasoned fitness professional or just getting started on your journey to health, indoor cycling is a great way to maximize your fitness goals. At Ochsner Fitness Center, we offer multiple spin classes every day. Our classes are designed for every level of fitness.
Why spin as opposed to running or other forms of high-impact cardiovascular exercise? According to fitness experts, there are 5 exceptional health benefits of spinning.
1. Massive calorie burn: One hour of high cardio spin class allows you to burn up to 600 calories, depending on resistance, pace and speed.
2. An everyday exercise: It is safe to ride daily, and no reason to worry about the weather! Because there is no impact on the joints of the body, it is safe to take spin classes every day. Of course, you know your body; therefore, you may have days where you ride hard and those when easy.
3. High intensity, no impact: Spin is a great way to practice high-intensity interval training without impact. This type of training allows you to get fit faster by increasing your heart rate and then taking it down to eventually keep you stable in a maximum calorie burning zone.
4. Tone muscles: Spinning is not only a great way to tone the legs and glutes, but also is a full body workout. Your instructor will teach you proper form which will allow you to use your entire body to efficiently tone the arms, back, core and legs.
5. Community: Spinners are a growing community of supportive individuals who love to encourage newbies as well as seasoned cyclists to join and reap the exponential benefits.
Learn more about Ochsner Fitness Center.