Pre-Made Pie Crusts: Top Picks for Healthier Pies
Love making homemade pies but short on time? A pre-made pie crust can be a tremendous time-saver, and now there are several options on supermarket shelves that are whole grain or gluten free.
Let’s be real, though, they’re still pie crusts – not exactly what we’d call “nourishing” food.
Nevertheless, they’re nutritionally superior to the conventional crust, so consider opting for one of the following pre-made pie crusts the next time you’re whipping up a pie.
Best picks for pre-made pie crusts
- Per serving: 110 calories, 7 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 11 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 0 grams sugar
- Ingredients include whole wheat flour, organic palm oil, water, sea salt
- Per serving: 120 calories, 7 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 13 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 0 grams sugar
- Organic ingredients include organic whole wheat flour, palm fruit shortening, cane syrup, sea salt, cane sugar, guar gum
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at email@example.com or call us at 985-898-7050.
- Per serving: 120 calories, 8 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 80 milligrams sodium, 9 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, 3 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
- Gluten free
- Ingredients include walnuts, pecans, white flour, palm oil, cane sugar, honey, sea salt, rosemary extract
- Per serving: 190 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 210 milligrams sodium, 20 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, 2 grams sugar, 1 gram protein
- Gluten free
- Ingredients include rice flour, potato starch, cane sugar, salt, xanthan gum, vitamin and mineral blend
For more tips and expert advice on gluten-free and low-carb baking, check out our how-to guide.
Editor’s note: Registered dietitian Molly Kimball offers brand-name products as a consumer guide; she does not solicit product samples nor is she paid to recommend items. A version of this originally appeared on WGNO’s “FUELED with Molly” segment.