As a follow-up to our post about Zombies Throughout History, many often think about their emergency plan should a zombie invasion ever become a reality. Whether there’s a zombie apocalypse or a natural disaster, it’s always important to be prepared.
1. Make sure you have an emergency kit in your house to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free zone.
- Food – Non-perishables
- Medications – Prescription and non-prescription
- Tools and Supplies – crowbars, duct tape or battery powered radios
- Sanitation and Hygiene – soap, towels, etc.
- Clothing and Bedding
- Important Documents – driver’s license, passport or birth certificates
- First Aid supplies – band-aids, hydrogen peroxide, gauze, etc.
2. Pick a meeting place for your family to regroup in case zombies invade your city
- Pick one place right outside your home for sudden emergencies and one place outside of your neighborhood in case you are unable to return home right away.
3. Don’t forget your pets! Make sure you have carriers, pet food and any pet medications packed.
4. Identify your emergency contacts.
- Make a list of local contacts like the police, fire department or out-of-state family members.
5. Plan your evacuation route.
- Plan where you would go and multiple routes you would take ahead of time so that zombies don’t have a chance to catch you!
6. Stay away from the infected.
- Do whatever it takes to not get bitten or scratched, use force if necessary. Improvise weapons such as crowbars, baseball bats or selfie sticks (which can be multi-purpose).