How to Make Your 2023 New Year's Resolutions Stick
As a new year rolls around, we all start thinking about what our New Year’s resolutions will be. But the key to New Year’s resolutions is not just making them, but keeping them and incorporating them into your everyday life.
Here are five tips from Molly Kimball, RD to help you make resolutions that stick:
- Start small. Set specific and achievable goals so we don’t get overwhelmed and feel tempted to give up before we even get started.
- Focus on the process. Instead of fixating on the end-goal, keep your attention on the behavior changes that you’re committing to. If the behaviors are in place, the results are likely to follow.
- Be accountable. Share your goals with friends or family so they can support and help you stay on track.
- Aim for progress, not perfection. Get right back on track if you slip up.
- Reward yourself. Celebrate your successes in achieving your resolutions and steps along the way.
Wanting to make changes specific to nutrition? Check out my "5 Nutritional Changes that Really Work.''
Learn more about Ochsner Eat Fit.