3 Healthy Finds to Satisfy King Cake Cravings
Let’s be honest. “Healthy” king cake may seem far-fetched or even off-putting to most. And granted, my approach, as always, is that if we indulge in a slice or two of king cake occasionally, then we should splurge on what whatever type we love and savor every bite.
But for those who are keeping an eye on nutrition and calories, it can be worth seeking out other options to help to satisfy a hankering for king cake – ones without all the added sugars and white carbs. Read on for three easy-to-find options that fit the bill.
- No artificial sweeteners or food dyes; just 2 grams net carbs per serving.
- Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, keto friendly, Eat Fit approved
- Ingredients include cage-free eggs, non-GMO almond flour, coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut oil, Swerve, vegetable-based food coloring
- Nutrition facts per serving: 160 calories, 5 grams plant-based saturated fat, 2 grams net carbs, 1 gram fiber, 0 grams sugar, 5 grams protein
- Where to buy: Robert Fresh Market, Whole Foods Market, Home Malone, select PJ’s Coffee, FUEL Cafe + Market at Ochsner Fitness Center, Alexander’s Market in Baton Rouge. For a full list of retailers or to order online, click here.
- Suggested retail price: $12.99
To schedule a nutrition consult, whether virtually or in-person, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 985-898-7050.
- High-protein frozen blended coffee drink with less than one teaspoon of added sugar
- Gluten free
- Nutrition Facts per 16-ounce serving: 250 calories, 23 grams carb, 2 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar (3 grams added sugar), 26 grams protein
- Packed with protein; only sugars are naturally occurring fruit sugars
- Excellent option for athletes and other active people
- Gluten free
- Ingredients include Califia Farms® Almond Milk, bananas, Gladiator® Protein, dates, Protein Blend, cinnamon, almond extract and vanilla
- Nutrition facts per 20-ounce serving: 400 calories, 6 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 40 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fiber, 25 grams sugar (0 added sugar), 49 grams protein