Maybe you’ve been a member at Ochsner Fitness Center for several years, and you’re not seeing the results you’ve come for. Or maybe you just joined last month and aren’t sure how to reach your goals. Are you at a loss, and not sure where you’re going or how you’re getting there? Consider hiring a personal trainer.
Here are 10 great reasons to hire a personal trainer:
- Reduce Injury: A trainer can teach you proper form and technique, so that you can avoid injuring yourself. They will keep an eye on you and correct your body for proper alignment.
- Accountability: Showing up to your regular session with a trainer will make you more likely to do it. How many times have you not shown up to the gym and wished you had after the fact? Maybe you need to know someone is waiting there for you.
- Long-Term Guidance and Motivation: Establishing a routine with regular workouts with your trainer will help you stay focused and motivated to continue your fitness goals. Consistency is key to reaching your fitness goals.
- Variety and Creativity: Your trainer is there to infuse variety into your workouts, tweak them regularly, add new twists and turns (so to speak), and offer creative challenges to keep your mind and body guessing.
- Education: Your trainer can educate you on many topics from hydration, to nutrition, to how to manage your weekly workout sessions on your own (and even give you homework for the days you are not meeting). They can also train you to reach specific goals, such as running a 5K race or completing a 20-mile bike tour.
- Focused Workouts: Your session is focused to keep you working out while you’re at the gym. No dilly dallying when you come by yourself and are not as focused. Your trainer is there to keep you on track, and to keep your eye on the prize.
- Great Resource: Your trainer is a great resource for other wellness components, including nutrition, acupuncture, massage. They often have colleagues they can refer you to, if you are seeking this out for yourself. They often know other professional colleagues in their network.
- Lose Stubborn Fat: Your trainer can help you learn how to build and maintain muscle mass, increase calorie burn, and refer you to the appropriate medical professional for issues such as hormonal imbalances, or nutritional deficiencies.
- Unofficial Therapist: Your trainer may improve your mental health by providing increased motivation, increased endorphins with the goal of improving your well-being. They are also there for you to sweat, to break your barriers to a healthier you, and to offer a shoulder to lean on.
- Set Yourself Up for Long-Term Changes: Your trainer will encourage you to learn from your sessions and set you on your way to make your fitness a lifestyle habit. Consistent training sessions will make coming to the gym and getting fit seem like second nature! That’s the goal of a trainer: help you help yourself to be healthy and fit, making a lifetime commitment!
Try out a personal training session for free at Ochsner Fitness Center! Email FITTLAB@ochsner.org to sign up