Sweet Potato and Pecan Casserole Recipe
- Cooking spray
- 3 ½ lbs sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the cubed sweet potato in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until a fork can easily pierce the potatoes - about 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer potatoes to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the honey, egg, ½ tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt to the bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Or mash by hand if a chunkier texture is desired.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture in the baking dish.
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans and the remaining cinnamon in a bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake until hot and beginning to brown around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes.