Shrimp Scampi over Spaghetti Squash
Enjoy this delicious shrimp scampi with a lower-carb noodle option in the form of spaghetti squash.
- Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash, or 2 smaller ones
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
- ¼ cup white wine (chicken/vegetable broth can also be used)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut spaghetti squash with sharp chef’s knife in half, lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and stringy insides and discard.
- On the open/cut sides of the spaghetti squash, drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash face down and cook in preheated over for 40 minutes
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, start melting butter over medium high heat in large saucepan. Add shrimp, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Once shrimp is pink, add white wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and add parsley and parmesan.
- Once spaghetti squash is done, take out of oven and use two forks to separate strands
- Serve shrimp scampi over spaghetti squash strands immediately. Top with more parmesan if desired.