Saucy Mediterranean Chicken recipe
Saucy Mediterranean Chicken is a delicious dinner recipe with 3 grams fiber, zero added sugar and 72 grams protein.
- 3-4 pounds chicken, cut up (or pack of chicken parts, such as breast and drumsticks)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- One half pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz. jar of capers, drained
- One third 10 oz. jar of kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping
- 1. Heat oven to 450℉. Wash and pat chicken dry.
- 2. Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper into a paste. Rub paste all over chicken pieces
- 3. Heat the remaining olive oil on medium-high in a heavy skillet or pan that can go into the oven.
- 4. Brown chicken pieces, three to four minutes on each side, working in batches if needed.
- 5. Drizzle the chicken with a little more olive oil and nestle the cherry tomatoes, olives and capers in the skillet around the chicken.
- 6. Cook until the juices run clear, about 25 to 30 minutes (oven times may vary a bit).
- 7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Let sit for five to 10 minutes and enjoy with brown rice and sauteed spinach or roasted broccoli.